Craig Greenburg
8/31/10
3rd
Writing progress
A History of Writing and Things Related
I started writing at four or five years old by sticking half of the alphabet into a nonexistent word. When a word looked promising I’d sprint down the hall, hurtle the downstairs railing, and ride my grizzly bear of a dog into my mom’s room just to ask “is this one?”
Later, in fifth grade, when Pokémon was huge, I tried my hand at drawing, to see if I could beat my friends home drawn multi billion point attack. My drawing then led to an idea for a book called By Nights Change. It, of course, was going to be a picture book and have a whole bunch of chapters. I would spend hours just imagining my new world only to forget most of my brilliant ideas. I would provide the ideas to my older sis, she then would edit and revise them. We worked relentlessly on it until it lay unfinished in the bytes of the dell.
I stopped writing for a time merely because I thought writing was for nerds, thanks to my cousin. I thought him the biggest stud muffin on the play ground. Together we thought anyone who achieved anything was an overachiever. Thus I went on for a time without trying to write.
Tenth grade honors English came along with me in it for some reason or another. I finally found something that helps write more efficiently. If I wrote first on paper I could think more clearly. My five paragraph essays began making sense, and I felt proud of my work. As I finished papers I felt exited to have my perspective viewed. Not only that but I liked to see what score I could get. Research, although, has always filled me with dread. To this day I can still say I like getting a paper over with.
haha oh Craig! That was awesome; I enjoyed reading the whole paper! It was funny and I just loved it! It had some errors and such ;) haha, but it was good!
ReplyDelete